[Tox Support] DHT NODE

nurupo nurupo at tox.chat
Thu Nov 9 18:18:56 UTC 2017

Hello,

You can do that, yes. You can perfectly run your own DHT bootstrap node
and let your clients bootstrap off of it. There is no issue with that.

Now, if you want to keep your DHT network separate from all other DHT
networks, then there *is* an issue, as there is no mechanism for keeping
DHT networks separate. All DHT participants do peer exchange, so it take
just one client to connect to both your and some other DHT network for
both DHT networks to automatically merge together.

---
Regards,
nurupo