[Tox Support] Tox client doesn't work on Ubuntu 16.04

Zetok Zalbavar zetok at openmailbox.org
Tue Nov 29 15:12:50 UTC 2016

On 29.11.2016 13:21, morgan wrote:
> -
> Sorry I was wrong, it's not qTox but uTox, on my laptop. During my
> searches I tried different clients, I forgot the good name.
>
> I have put back the correct lines in the correct folder and removed the
> 'tox.list*', updated+upgraded and it doesn't work again.
>
> Is it possible to remove completly (and purge) tox on the laptop for
> install it one more time "from scratch" ?
>
> ----
> morgan
>
> -

Well, the good news is that for µTox you have the right repo. Bad news
is that I have no idea why µTox doesn't work.

Feel free to try with qTox: https://github.com/qTox/qTox

As for "purging", yes, it is possible, but due to the nature of package
managers that's usually completely unnecessary, unless the user messes
something up badly in the system.

I.e. in your case it's most likely unnecessary and would change nothing.

> Le 29/11/2016 à 13:33, Zetok Zalbavar a écrit :
>> On 29.11.2016 12:21, morgan wrote:
>>> -
>>>
>>> 1. Which repo is used? `cd /etc/apt/sources.d/ && ls && cat *tox*`
>>>
>>> minetestdevs-ubuntu-stable-xenial.list
>>> ondrej-ubuntu-php-xenial.list
>>> ondrej-ubuntu-php-xenial.list.save
>>> tox.list
>>> tox.list.distUpgrade
>>> tox.list.save
>>> webupd8team-ubuntu-sublime-text-2-xenial.list

--

Kind regards,
Zetok Zalbavar