[Tox Support] [Support] UDP or TCP for traffic-saving?

Jfreegman Jfreegman at tox.chat
Mon Aug 10 16:50:15 UTC 2015

To clarify some more, UDP mode uses significantly more bandwidth than
TCP-only mode overall, however this is mostly due to DHT traffic. TCP
packets are obviously a little bigger than UDP packets, meaning a video
conversation with TCP will use a bit more bandwidth than with UDP if
you disregard DHT traffic. The difference is probably trivial though -
if saving bandwidth is your primary concern you should be forcing a TCP
connection.