[General] Helping the network (DHT) + bootstrap node

CHRIS CLEMSON chris.clemson at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 20 03:46:10 PST 2015

Hi everyone,I've just installed TOX and am playing with it.I have a (newbie) question about the DHT part:
As most users will be behind NAT, does it help to run a TOX client on a static public address to act as a relay, even if I'm not actively using it for messaging?
I know I could run a bootstrap node instead, which is a possibility, but this is mainly a question about how the system works.
On that side, roughly how much CPU and bandwidth would a bootstrap node require?
Thanks!