[Dev] Writing an implementation in Go

Impyy impyy at tox.chat
Wed Feb 3 16:12:05 PST 2016

Hello Andon,

Thanks for showing your interest in Tox!
Tox has full documentation of toxcore and the Tox protocol itself. It's
not properly formatted so it might be a little hard to read, but all of
the information should be there: https://github.com/Tox-Docs/Text.
Vikstrous already has some small parts of the Tox protocol implemented
in Go, perhaps that's a good resource to look at too:
https://github.com/vikstrous/gotox.

I would suggest looking at how the crypto and the DHT work first,
implement that, and slowly work your way up.
If you want to set up your own Tox node for testing you can follow this
guide:
https://github.com/irungentoo/toxcore/tree/master/other/bootstrap_daemon.

Having multiple implementations of a protocol like Tox is always good
and I'm looking forward to see your work. Be sure to join #tox-dev on
freenode if you have any questions or if you'd like to discuss your design.

Impyy