[Tox Support] Recommended uTox version

nurupo nurupo at tox.chat
Tue Jun 16 22:56:36 UTC 2020

uTox team has lost their macOS developer so they are unable to support
macOS anymore, and as such they stopped providing macOS builds. The last
macOS build they provided was for uTox v0.17.0 released in April 2018,
so you could try updating to that, but it might be too old. uTox is
currently at v0.17.2 released in April 2020, you could attempt building
it from source.

Alternatively, qTox is the preferred client on macOS right now. You can
grab a .dmg from their Releases page
https://github.com/qTox/qTox/releases/
Note that there is a bug in macOS qTox where on some systems it can't
access any cameras https://github.com/qTox/qTox/issues/6056

By the way, you mention that you are using uTox version 1.0 (1), yet the
latest version of uTox is 0.17.2, it never had version 1.0 (1) or even
just 1.0. I'd double check if what you are using is indeed uTox and
where you got it from.

---
Regards,
nurupo