[Tox Support] Profile Deleted

nurupo nurupo at tox.chat
Mon Dec 16 03:34:00 UTC 2019

Hi,

You can re-create your profile back if you know the private key. It will
be an empty profile though, with no friend list and without any other
data. Since you will have an empty friend list, whoever has added you as
a friend before won't be able to connect to you to be able to message
you. You are able to message only if both sides have added each other.
So either you will have to re-create your lost friend list by adding
your friends back, or they will have to delete you from their friend
list and then add you back, triggering a friend request to be sent to
you, so that you could add them to your friend list.

You can use this script to create an empty profile with given public and
private keys:
https://github.com/TokTok/c-toxcore/blob/master/other/fun/make-funny-savefile.py
The public key is the first 64 hex digits of your Tox Id.
Once created, you will probably want to load it in qTox and restore your
previous no-spam value from the Tox Id that you have written down, so
that people would be able to add you using your previous Tox Id. The
no-spam is the 8 hex digits in your Tox Id after the public key.
You might also want to encrypt (password-protect) your profile,
otherwise the private key is stored in plaintext in the profile file -
qTox might help with that too.

---
Regards,
nurupo