[Tox Support] Profile Deleted

omcginnis at yahoo.com omcginnis at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 15 10:46:28 UTC 2019

 Thanks.  I  know the private key.  Is it possible to edit another profile with the private key I want to log in with by any chance?

    On Saturday, December 14, 2019, 10:16:12 PM MST, nurupo via Support <support at lists.tox.chat> wrote:

 Hi,

It's not possible to log into an account just by knowing its Tox ID --
the 76 digit ID, similarly how it's not possible to withdraw money from
a Bitcoin wallet just by knowing the wallet address or log into your
email account just by knowing your email address. Tox ID is a public key
and the private key for it is stored in the profile file. You can't do
anything without the private key.

---
Regards,
nurupo