[Tox Support] Group invite link

Carsten Brandt tox at cebe.cc
Mon Mar 13 01:17:45 UTC 2017

Hi,

There is no way for current group chat implementation that I know of as
a group does not have a unique identifier. To join a group someone needs
to be invited, so a simple link would not work.
It may be possible to write a bot that will invite you after you have
entered your tox ID somewhere.

With public chats in the new groupchat implementation proposal this
would be possible as these have a unique ID which a link could refer to.

best regards,
Carsten