[Tox Support] Toxcore in a lib or dll ?

nurupo nurupo at tox.chat
Fri Nov 25 20:54:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

> Is this link https://build.tox.chat/view/libtoxcore/ [2] ok for
> finding the latest toxcore in dll ready and builded ?

It's intended only for the internal use by the build server, to be used
by qTox, uTox, etc. build jobs, but if it works for you then nothing
says you can't use it.
libtoxcore-toktok_build_windows* is likely what you want, not
libtoxcore_build_windows*.

> The links you provide [1]are ok but since i cant compile it in windows

As I said before, the easiest way to build toxcore is to use a Linux
virtual machine and following these instructions
https://github.com/TokTok/c-toxcore/blob/master/INSTALL.md#windows.
It is possible to build it on Windows without using a Linux VM, I heard
some other developers are doing that, but we don't have any instructions
documented for that and I never done that myself.

---
Regards,
nurupo