[Tox Support] error reading files

Damien skyguide.base at icloud.com
Mon Feb 29 08:57:37 UTC 2016

Hi Brice... so it's hard to answer your question just because I'm not
sure what do you mean by "fine".

So let's start with your apt-get sources files configuration....

If you want to get rid of from Google Chrome...  do you remember how did
you installed in a first place?

This matters because if you used apt-get to installed on your machine,
the best thing to do (at least that's the way I would have done it) is
to use:

sudo apt-get remove google-chrome-stable && |sudo apt-get purge
google-chrome-stable
sudo apt-get autoremove && sudo apt-get autoclean

that will do all the work for you automajically and it will clean up
your source list config file.

Now, if your removed Chrome by hand (simply deleting the files to
"trash"), than yes, you would have left overs with references to ppa in
your sources.list config file and you sould delete them from sources.list

Now this is very important...
The link you have mentioned on github - JFreegman... I don't know what
that is and where did it came from.

For your security sake, please use this link:
https://tox.chat/download.html#gnulinux

Follow the guide how to add the |"deb" link in to your sources.list file
and they key....
All the steps are there in the instructions, I can confirm that it works
the way intended.
I use tox on my Ubuntu and Debian machines and all is well as far as
installing the Tox using that guide.

Take a look at the link, read it carefully, follow all the steps and you
will have Tox client in your machine...

I totally support your idea of not using anything Google related... and
definitely no MS Skype if you can afford not to use it.
Tox is not ready for a prime-time, but even tho it's still buggy and in
active development, I use it and trust it way more than any other
software from MS.

Damien.

--
--