[Tox Support] Problems Installun qtox in Ubuntu

Oranges email at oranges.net.nz
Sat Nov 14 21:21:46 UTC 2015

Hello

> echo  "deb https://pkg.tox.chat/debian nightly release" just seems to echo
> "deb https://pkg.tox.chat/debian nightly release"  \\ for a beginner this is really confusing and is silly in general.
>
> sudo  tee  /etc/apt/sources.list.d/tox.list \\ does something in terminal but gets stuck
These two commands will not work if you don't issue them together

echo "deb https://pkg.tox.chat/debian nightly release" | sudo tee
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/tox.list

Tee takes the input of a previous command and sends it to both your
terminal display and writes it to a file you specify.

> wget  -qO  - https://pkg.tox.chat/debian/pkg.gpg.key \\ shows me the pgp key in terminal
>
> sudo  apt-key add  - \\ does something in terminal but gets stuck too
Again these two were designed to run together - however, wherever you
issued the wget command there should be a pkg.gpg.key file, you can issue

sudo apt-get add /path/to/pkg.gpg/key

and the gpg key will be added to your list of trusted keys for installing

> sudo  apt-get install  apt-transport-https \\ seems to install something, wants me to press y
Our packages are delivered over https, so you'll need this package
installed to support https package delivery. Answering y to the package
install is fine and will install that delivery mechanism

> sudo  apt-get update \\ works fine
Once you do this again
> sudo  apt-get install  qtox
This should work fine