[General] Call a friend via the Linux command line or Python program

yaza yaza at danwin1210.me
Wed Oct 10 16:49:00 UTC 2018

> Hi,
>
> is there a way to call a friend via the command line (or from a Python
> program) in a 'direct' way ?
>
> That is:
>
> - call the program
> - login if required
> - call a friend
>
> in one go.  (no typing or clicking after starting the program ).
>
> (As I used to do e.g. in Ekiga:  Ekiga -c sip:yvo.brasseur)
>
> Brgds,
>
> Yvo

ratox?

call_in        Initiate a call by piping data to this FIFO.

call_out       Answer an incoming call by opening it for reading.

call_state     Reports the call state (none | pending | active). The sample
format is mono signed 16-bit little endian at 48kHz.  The call is terminated if
ratox receives both an EPIPE trying to read from call_in and ENXIO trying to
open call_out for writing.