[General] TokTok group chat key agreement: How is Done (if is done)?

GDR! gdr at gdr.name
Wed Oct 3 09:39:42 UTC 2018

Dimitrios,

Have you read the spec? It's pretty clear on that topic. There doesn't
seem to be a shared group key, instead the messages are being forwarded
using connections between friends.

I don't think there's need for a shared key - there's no server
operator to protect from, unlike XMPP or Signal. The only nodes having
access to the message are the members of group chat, so transport
encryption is enough.

https://toktok.ltd/spec.html#group

PS. Note that I'm not a toxcore developer so please verify my claims by
reading the documentation and source code yourself.