[General] Tox questions

L e mangholb at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 2 00:52:08 PST 2016

Hello,I have found out about this tox project a while ago. I have a few questions.First of all, who is funding all these projects, and how? I'm asking mostly to understand the chances of survival of the project. It seems very intriguing, but unfortunately money rule the world...Second, why do all the clients have different names? Wouldn't it be easier for users if the names were consistent?How reliable are the apps currently? Will there ever be the possibility to sync contacts with one's phone numbers to automatically discover friends?I'm assuming you know Signal by Whispersystems. Why not adopt their encryption? Or why not help them with their project since they seem to be farther into development? Is it because it's centralized? (I'll be the first to admit I don't fancy my messages to go through amazon's servers...).Thank you for your time.