[Tox Support] Questions regarding Tox and Android etc

oranges email at oranges.net.nz
Wed Mar 30 21:58:36 UTC 2016

> version and from where, (couldnt find it neither on f-droid or
> google play store), can I download Tox for my Android 4.0 surf
> board? Is it utox that works best for Android or Antox?
Antox is probably the most likely to work, you can get it at
pkg.tox.chat/fdroid or from the google plus beta
https://plus.google.com/communities/103125800027884896310

Be aware that tox for androids is still in beta and will use a *lot*
of bandwidth and battery from your phone, so you will run out of data
if you use it via mobile connection only

> Also wonder if I need to download some other app, (Sip client or
> jabber account etc) to be able to make videocalls with Tox or is it
> Ok with tox only?
I do not believe tox clients for android have video calling enabled yet.

> Also would like to know if there is a possibility that anyone I
> chat with or talk to on tox can see my ip? I dont want nobody to
> see my ip, not even the persons I add as tox-friends.
Tox does not protect your ip from your friends, you will need to look
into another solution like tunneling tox over tor.