[General] Tox vs Ring.cx

David Burleigh david.burleigh at gmx.com
Thu Jul 21 13:21:31 UTC 2016

On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 16:04:38 +0300
Javier Ruere <javier.ruere at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I've tried Tox but gave up as voice communication with several people
> does not work well for us.
> There are also some issues with video but they were not very
> important. I found tickets for all these problems and more.
>
> When I started to look for alternatives, I found ring.cx.
> At first glance it appears to provide the same functionality as Tox
> but it appears to be much more mature.
>
> I'm unable to assess it's security claims. Has anyone taken a look?
> How does it compare to Tox security-wise?
>
> Best regards,
> Javier Ruere

I also looked into Ring, but found it very confusing, not
intuitive (of course, that is very subjective). I had been a satisfied
user of their earlier SFLPhone and am sad that it is no longer
available. But I would very much like to hear from others who have
actually used Ring, and how it compares with Tox.

--
David Burleigh
828-475-5126